Why a California Gal Moved to Portugal
I get asked all the time why I moved from California to Europe, specifically Portugal.
I think photos and videos tell the story the best so I’ve made a video.
It’s just a quick pass but here is the link to YouTube: Click here for YouTube video
- Kind, humble and friendly people.
- Low cost of living (river and beach views in my town for 200k).
- History baby (around every corner).
- The Algarve (South) has over 300 sunny days a year (even on the beach)…no “June gloom or May Grey” here.
- Easy to hop around Europe by car, train or plane (weekend in Paris for a $50 flight…round trip).
- Miles of untouched beaches
- Largest natural preserve in Europe, the Rio Formosa.
- Retire early
- Golden Visa (buy a property for 500k to be eligible).
- Cafe culture
- Focus on family and friends
- And more….